The Gator™ HPX Utility Vehicle has a precision-engineered drivetrain system to better utilize engine power and to improve acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities. Power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously-variable clutch system to the transaxle.
The Gator™ HPX is equipped with many standard features that provide for comfortable and convenient operation:
- Side-by-side, 457-mm (18-in.) high-back bucket or bench seating provides room for one operator and one passenger
- Hip restraints serve as convenient and comfortable handholds
- Driver's seat is mounted on a slide-rail system that allows for fore-aft positioning
- Occupant protective structure (OPS) with three-point seat belts and passenger side grab handles, located on the front post, front dash, and on the outside of the seats
- Both seats (buckets only) tilt forward for ease of service and to keep them dry during outdoor storage
- Operator platform provides easy entry/exit for the operator and passenger
- Cup holders are located within reach of the operator's station
- Hour meter comes standard to assist in maintaining regular service intervals
- Traction assist (differential lock) is hand operated and conveniently located between the operator and passenger seats
- Glove box is located in the dash to provide a convenient storage area for small items
- Standard 12-VDC outlet conveniently located on the instrument panel as well as in the center console between the seats (buckets only)
- Tank-mounted fuel gauge is easily viewed from the left side of operator's seat
- Large, 76-mm (3-in.) diameter fuel tank fill opening allows easy fuel fill and helps to eliminate spillage
- Storage compartment is located under the front hood for extra storage space
- On-dash manual choke provides easy accessibility and convenient choke moderation for smooth engine warm-up (gas models only)
Heavy-duty suspension delivers excellent heavy hauling capabilities
The Gator™ HPX is equipped with heavy-duty, coil-over shock, semi-independent rear suspension with 89 mm (3.5 in.) of suspension travel. This provides a comfortable ride with the cargo box unloaded while also minimizing suspension sag when the cargo box is loaded.
The Gator HPX is equipped with a MacPherson strut, independent front suspension, providing a comfortable ride and excellent work capability. The heavy-duty, ductile cast-iron, single A-arm provides 131 mm (5.15 in.) of suspension travel for excellent handling and ride quality.
Factory-installed occupant protective structure (OPS) or deluxe cab frame
The Gator™ HPX is configured from the factory with OPS and standard occupant side retention (OSR) nets or deluxe cab frame.
- The OPS performance is certified to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J219 standards.
- Glass doors can be dealer installed to complete the cab enclosure.
- Certified to American National Standards Institute (ANSI) B71.9 standards
Nets are standard equipment on the Gator HPX. Features of the nets include:
- One-handed operation
- Easy entry/exit
- Great visibility
Durable, versatile cargo box for hard-working performance
Extra-durable deluxe cargo box ensures hard-working performance and longevity
The deluxe cargo box consists of a 15 percent glass-filled polypropylene composite material that eliminates rust and dents and reduces noise.
Deluxe cargo box tailgate
The tailgate can be opened or removed for easier cleanout and to carry longer items. The tailgate has been improved, features truck-like performance, and can be operated with one hand.
The standard-installed lanyards can also be removed to lower the tailgate 150 degrees for convenient loading and unloading tasks.
Deluxe cargo box tilt
The deluxe cargo box is easier to latch, unlatch, raise, and lower with the integrated handle design and gas assist. A prop rod is provided to hold the box in the upright position for operator convenience, as well as limit box pivot travel.
Integrated tie-down points
The deluxe cargo box offers integrated tie-down points for increased versatility. Tie-down points are located in the following areas:
- Four corners inside the cargo box bed
- Four points on the load guard directly behind the operator station (A)
- Tie-down bars on either side of the cargo box (B)
- Six points on the underside of the cargo box frame (circled)
Converting deluxe cargo box to a flat bed
The deluxe cargo box easily converts to a flat bed. The flatbed configuration allows operators to load larger cargo
Cargo box specifications
||1143 mm (45 in.)
||1320 mm (52 in.)
||304 mm (11 in.)
||0.46 m3 (16.4 cu ft)
||454 kg (1000 lb)
CAUTION: Carrying extra-long cargo that extends beyond the box can adversely affect stability.