Design includes a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically placed controls
Engine is smooth and powerful V-twin design with features for reliability and long life
Key engine features include:
- 24 hp (17.9 kW) provides plenty of power.
- Large 44.3 cu in. (726-cc) displacement provides plenty of torque.
- V-twin air-cooled design is efficient.
- Excellent power and performance
- Smooth, quiet power
- Easy starts
- Engine model FS730V
- Many quality features are included.
- Cast-iron cylinder liners provide a long-wearing surface for longer engine life.
- Overhead valves allow the engine to breathe easily for excellent power and fuel economy.
- Full-pressure lubrication is more effective.
- Replaceable oil filter keeps the oil cleaner for longer engine life.
- Dual-stage air cleaner thoroughly cleans engine intake air.
- Electronic ignition contributes to fast starts.
- Solenoid-shift starter for easy starts, even in cold weather.
- Rear engine guard protects the engine and provides additional vehicle strength and integrity.
- A flywheel alternator provides plenty of capacity to quickly recharge the battery and power electrical equipment, such as lights or a sprayer.
- 20-amp capacity
- Regulated to keep the battery at a full charge, without risk of overcharging
First-stage foam filter stops large dirt particles before they make contact with the filter.
The air filter is easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
Air screen cover provides protection for the rotating air screen. Rotating screen filters out debris and reduces the size of material that gets through so it will pass harmlessly past the engine fins.
Full-pressure lubrication system provides plenty of oil to the engines moving parts to ensure reliable operation and long life:
Replaceable oil filter keeps the oil cleaner for a longer engine life.
Full-pressure lubrication is more effective.
No-tools oil drain is convenient to use.
John Deere recommends the use of fuel stabilizer in gasoline. See Fuel-Protect for gasoline engines (8 oz) for more information.
Operator station is designed for comfort and convenience
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience in operating all controls:
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Twin-lever motion-control levers adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- Shock absorbers dampen control movements to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats with two suspension springs and no-tools fore-aft seat adjustment, that can be used by the operator while seated:
- Z525E – Medium-back, 15-in. (38-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 3-in. (7.6-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z535M – High-back, 18-in. (45.7-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 3-in. (7.6-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z540M – High-back, 18-in. (45.7-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 3-in. (7.6-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z535R – High-back, 20-in. (50.8-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 4.5-in. (11.4-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z540R – High-back, 20-in. (50.8-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 4.5-in. (11.4-cm) fore-aft adjustment
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas to provide a smoother ride.
The commercial-style steel footrest flips up to provide easy access for servicing the mower deck:
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower drive
Conveniently located fuel-sight window allows operator to see fuel level
A convenient fuel-sight window is located where it is easy for the operator to see:
- Semi-clear material makes seeing how much fuel is in the tank quick and easy.
- Large, 3-in. (7.6-cm) fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Fuel-fill opening is low and angled to make adding fuel easy.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of fuel cap getting lost
Serviceability is designed-in for convenience
The 48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep™ (48A) Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
The 54-in. (138-cm) Accel Deep™ (54A) Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
The Edge™ Cutting System 62-in. (157-cm) Mower Deck can take on the biggest mowing jobs